Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is my FIRST EVER TTT post, though I’ve been following along for a few months now. Here is my top ten books from my TBR pile in no particular order. I have to admit, they are all beautiful covers; though I do choose books by their covers, this is purely coincidence! I received most of these ARC’s at B.E.A. this year and I am determined to read them all before they come out this Fall. Without further adieu…
1. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee–Well DUH! I am pretty excited to read this as To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorite books. Barnes and Noble has a beautiful dual slipcase box set coming out in October that is already on my Christmas list!
2. Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart–This book first came across my radar at B.E.A. (where I was luck enough to receive an ARC). Once I read the back I knew I had to read it… “A smart, romping adventure, featuring some of the most memorable and powerful female characters I’ve seen in print for a long time. I loved every page as I followed the Kopp sisters through a too-good-to-be-true (but mostly true!) tale of violence, courage, stubbornness, and resourcefulness.” — Elizabeth Gilbert. I mean COME ON! it sounds so good!
3. Playing with Fire by Tess Gerritsen–I have read every Tess Gerritsen book I could get my hands on and it’s safe to say that she is one of my favorite authors. This is a stand alone mystery.
4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo— Another B.E.A. ARC. The cover itself is gorgeous, even if I didn’t already have the book, the cover would have drawn me in immediately. A Convict, sharpshooter, runaway, spy, heartrender and a thief try to pull off an impossible heist. The six of them together are the only ones who stand between the world and destruction.
5. Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan and Deborah Biancotti–Oddly enough the first Westerfeld book I ever read was Afterworlds. I fell in love with his writing and the imaginative worlds he creates. I sure hope this book follows suit.
6. After Alice by Gregory Maguire–This cover! Just look at the cover and you’ll want to dive right into the story. This is the story of Ada, Alice’s friend briefly mentioned in “Alice in Wonderland”. She comes to visit Alice but arrives moments after Alice’s decent into the rabbit hole–Ada inadvertently falls in too.
The Song of Hartgrove Hall by Natasha Solomons–Just reading the back cover of this book draws me right into the story. Brothers return home from the war and try to save their home. Somewhere along the way a beautiful woman comes along leading to a “devastating betrayal”. This sounds like a story that sucks you in and never lets you go.
A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano–A story of a young female introvert who reads a lot, has magical powers and a best friend who is a ghost. Yep, totally for me–though I may not read it alone at night!
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas–Okay, Okay OKAY! I know what you’re thinking; “How could you not read this whole series in one sitting?” I read Throne of Glass and I liked it, but I thought it was a bit slow to get going. I have sense heard that the series gets much much better after Throne of Glass so…I will read the rest of the series this summer.
Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard–I am almost finished with A Darkness Strange and Lovely so this will probably be my very next read–I love Eleanor!
Have you read any books from my Top Ten Tuesday TBR list? If so, tell me what you thought!